Our most recent project was to provide a new website for Womps Mobile Preschool in Australia. An old school friend visited the UK recently and we met up for coffee where she told me of her involvement in the Womps Mobile Preschool. She then asked if I could help them get a new website built as the old one was in need of a ‘freshen up’ and I was trilled to take up the challenge and see what we could do to help this great service…This project was managed using only email and Facebook messages – that’s how we roll.
Womps are by far our furthest customer – 12,000 miles away proves that distance is no object for the CanDoNetwork!
Here’s the site: http://womps.org.au
Here’s how it was done:
1. Pointed the existing domain name’s DNS to our servers and created a new hosting package.
2. Installed WordPress and configured the core system and added page content.
3. Found a suitable theme and edited it to include the WOMPS logo and ‘stick man’ style
4. Set up contact form and email address
5. Added Google Maps to the locations of the mobile service
6. Added the All In One SEO plug-in (to improve Google rankings)
7. Added Google XML Site maps plug-in (to improve Google rankings)
8. Added live site traffic widget
9. Added CanDoNetwork link
10. Tweaked the CSS style sheets to suit the womps theme
Basically, we are now looking at a working site which is easy to navigate, fresh and friendly looking with blogging facilities. The site can now be managed by the womps staff using their own login to allow for the posting of news, article, images and video without the need for technical knowledge. Of course, CanDoNetwork will be here for support, as we are with all our sites.
That’s what we do, we translate the client’s wishes into reality, resulting in properly coded, Google friendly, simple to use websites to suit their given purposes. Tell us what you want and leave it to us.